Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Sheffield Crown Court, March 2013

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Briefly the building was built to function as a Town Hall for Sheffield back in 1807 and was later adopted as the Crown Court. The clock tower as well as a significant extension which included a tunnel leading to the police headquarters was built at a later stage and the tunnel has since been sealed up. I have heard rumours recently that the court is currently owned by an American businessman who won the building in a bet (that must have been one hell of a game of high stakes poker) and has since been leased out for use as a set in various TV programs and films.

Our Visit

Visited with Mr Pete Costello (and his new freaky mask), Lowri, Sonyes, and Darbian. I’d been itching for a chance to revisit this one after our brief explore back in November 2012 and I think its safe to say that this visit was a success. I think I was the only one who had been before so I was really glad the other guys got the opportunity to see the place. It was my first visit carrying 2 camera bodies after recently purchasing a second hand second body and I despite being a pain in the arse to handle them both I’m glad as I managed to bag a few shots I would have otherwise missed while my main body was shooting long bracketed exposures. Some of the highlights include capturing most of the explore on gopro (I’ll sift through the footage and cut something together later, the freaky bang followed by footsteps that we heard and Lowri’s graceful exit :) . I’ll never get tired of this place. I definitely want to revisit this one again and do some more rooftop and work in the clock tower but I had a blast this time and finally managed to get a salvageable shot of the very dark Court Room No.1.

CrownCourtRevisit-1.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-2.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-3.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-4.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-5.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-6.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-7.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-8.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-9.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-10.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-11.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-12.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-13.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-14.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-15.jpg

CrownCourtRevisit-16.jpg

L33t Photoshop Skillz:

Recovery.jpg

Thanks for looking :) more photos on my blog: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2013/03/28/urbex-sheffield-crown-court-south-yorkshire-march-2013-revisit/

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Love seeing this place, the crew shots are just brill, thanks for the share :D

:comp

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Classic :D , one day i may get to see something like this...