Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

St Johns Hospital, Chelmsford, July 2012

slwx

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
So this was my second outing, explored alone. I only managed to get into one building, I think it may have been a residential one. Nothing in the way of medical equipment, which was a shame... I only spotted one way into the main building, but didn't fancy attempting it alone. Anyway, here are some pics.

I don't know if this is in the right category, seeing as there isn't really much hospitally stuff.

Hoping to return here and have a go at some other areas, see the bits I wanted to see, seeing as I was born somewhere in there! So if anyone fancies it, give me a shout.

Thanks for looking.

_MG_0600.jpg

_MG_0595.jpg

_MG_0590.jpg

_MG_0589-2.jpg

_MG_0582.jpg

_MG_0580.jpg

_MG_0579.jpg

_MG_0577.jpg

_MG_0575.jpg

_MG_0569.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

silverainbow

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Lovely report, we did this a while ago doesnt look like much has changed, Its a fantastic place which has had some controversy of late, thanks for posting

(y)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
You caught this place at the right time as the walls are just melting off some great pics went back here recently and was very happy i did (y)

Them pigeons are stinking upstairs out lol

slwx

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Lovely report, we did this a while ago doesnt look like much has changed, Its a fantastic place which has had some controversy of late, thanks for posting (y)
Thanks! The last time I was there, it was very different (I hope!) I read a few things while researching it about security stuff, I don't know if that is the controversy you're referring to...?

You caught this place at the right time as the walls are just melting off some great pics went back here recently and was very happy i did (y) Them pigeons are stinking upstairs out lol
They really are! Every room you enter there's some mad pigeon flying into the windows.

Thank you both for your replies.

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Never been a pigeon lover after going up stairs even less so lol :D

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice set of pic there, I liked this place a lot when I looked round it sometime in 2011. Some parts of it look a lot more trashed now than they were. Does it still have those annoying PIR things "Please leave the premises immediately, security have been notified of your presense" :D

slwx

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice set of pic there, I liked this place a lot when I looked round it sometime in 2011. Some parts of it look a lot more trashed now than they were. Does it still have those annoying PIR things "Please leave the premises immediately, security have been notified of your presense" :D
I walked past a few PIR looking things on the outside of buildings, and those bigger ones you see on the sides of houses as well (not a security thingy expert...) and nothing happened.

Shush

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I love the picture through the bathroom door.

Thanks for sharing :D

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice stuff mate, we had a good spore here a couple of years ago then it seemed to all go wrong, a couple of weeks after we went a secca got pretty badly beaten by some metal thieves, since the sec seems to have been a bit 'keen', saying that, whenever we go to Chelmsford the Police seem to want to say hi!!! ;)

slwx

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I love the picture through the bathroom door. Thanks for sharing :D
Thanks! I didn't fancy a bath though.

Nice stuff mate, we had a good spore here a couple of years ago then it seemed to all go wrong, a couple of weeks after we went a secca got pretty badly beaten by some metal thieves, since the sec seems to have been a bit 'keen', saying that, whenever we go to Chelmsford the Police seem to want to say hi!!! ;)
Yeah, I read about the metal thieves... :|

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Yeh was closed down hard after secca was assaulted via metal thieves :police2:

Cracking stuff and again cheers (y)

:beer:

LonDan

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Very nice, my kind of stuff. I love the stairs and peeling paint!

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice one mate ,shame you didn't cross into maternity ,saying that its been pikeyd to death..you saw a good slice of the place the old hall and that lovely staircase..good stuff!