Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

St Peter & St Pauls Church, April 2017

urbexdevil

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
With a slightly later Easter weekend start to the day than usual, making my way over to a certain church in Essex to meet with onethirtytwo_  to kick off the days splore.

Now before I continue with this, despite our best attempts and even flagging down a local, we did not manage to venture inside the church itself, so in effect was a failed explore. However in true UD fashion a report is a report so I will share the few external shots I did get.

There’s very little history on this place so won’t be posting any history with this report unfortunately.

DSC09669.jpg

DSC09674.jpg

DSC09677.jpg

DSC09682.jpg

DSC09683.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Could be a gem inside there, worth keeping on the radar for sure (y)  

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Looks like there could be alsorts in there :)

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
This is a lovlely little church, It was closed for service because it had become dangerous and with a threat of it being demolished the residents of Birch have created a 'friends of...' group and tried daving it. The last I heard they were trying to secure money for the restoration and repairs :)  

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
I was there two weeks ago. I also couldn't go in, but it doesn't seem to be worth it. Through a small hole you could have a look inside. The church room is almost empty and completely equipped with a scaffold.

Unfortunately, the hole was too small to take a larger cut with the camera (when looking through the hole you could see more), but nevertheless the scaffolding inside is easy to recognize on the picture.

peter+paul.jpg

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
A friend of mine mentioned this one to me a couple of years ago, said it could be quite good. Persevere ;-)