Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Thames steel April 2015

Dmax

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This as you all know is a steel foundry that closed in January 2012 and everybody and his dog has been in to take pictures

we have been told the plant use to turn old cars into nice shiny lumps of steel that would be sold to some other cock that probably turned them into not so nice shiny new cars but I think the real goings on where much more sordid, I think they made great big steel vibrators one hundred feet high !! there was lots of evidence of this all over the site. anyway lets forget this silliness :) From what I have been told from a two of my friends that used to work there the owners went into administration over night everyone went home Friday and then got a text message over the weekend telling them they don't have a job anymore and the place has been dead since then, everything is as the workers left it. I've been told if the guards find you in here they call the old bill so we had to be on our toes. this place is big so there's lots of places to hide if they do come looking. We heard them a few times but managed to keep out of their way. This place is real dirty and I mean dirty, everywhere is covered in a fine grey dust and in some places its 10cm deep but getting covered in shit is what its all about don't you think :) ....... We entered, we explored and I'm happy to say we left with our sphincters intact.

on a side note if anyone is making a trip to Thames steel keep your eyes and ears open for moving / creaking metal , I was there with a few friends and we stopped for a drink and a chat, as we stood there we heard a sound like someone dragging a big bit of metal along the floor behind us , then about a minute later a bang as loud as thunder was followed by an even louder crashing sound as part of the roof came down. I must say it looked so fucking cool and I wished I had filmed it but it happened so fast I just did not have time to even think about hitting the record button. the crazy thing is we all walked through that very spot about 20 minutes before hand so thank fuck we did not stop there to have a chat because we could well have been killed.

T_S1_zpsz7mg96qb.jpg

there's still some metal just hanging ready to fall at any time.

T_S_zpson1fcxbe.jpg

note one of the beams still hanging up there just being supported by the yellow hand rail.

On with the main pictures

0_zpsc6cdc9d8.jpg

2_zps684d777c.jpg

4_zps4c754a88.jpg

7_zpsce4539a2.jpg

8_zps634d7d90.jpg

5_zps17e47bb6.jpg

6_zps8eb016d1.jpg

3_zpsa4c274ae.jpg

1_zpsa8f3c9fa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Love pic 5! So much to see here still even with that roof! Still need to get down there really.

:comp

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Fucking sweet. Another place I have to get my arse over to soon. Some of these shots are amazing, love the dark and dingy tones you got going on (y)

Dmax

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
security have really upped their game now that part of the site is being used as a car store so if your planning on going DO NOT go in big numbers and I would have to recommend you get in before sun up

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Thats a cool mate,simply always a winning combo of a good write up an pics.

Enjoyed that,thanks for sharing (y)

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Yep, liked that a lot. Write up and pics are spot on and a lucky escape with that roof coming down :eek: