free hit counter
The Historic And Decaying Fisher-Byington Mansion in Danville, Kentucky | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

The Historic And Decaying Fisher-Byington Mansion in Danville, Kentucky

KentuckyUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is the historic Fisher-Byington House in Danville, Kentucky. It's a large, brick antebellum mansion that is sadly slated for demolition in the coming weeks. It would have been saved most likely had it not been for the fact that it now finds itself located in the middle of a business district, and not among other homes of its era. 

Lenston

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Cool stuff mate, moved to video reports ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenston

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Just realized its your first post on here so welcome to the forum, be great to see some reports from places in your area, let me know if you need help with anything :)

KentuckyUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Lenston, I've been looking for a forum on which to share my explorations and this seems like a great place already. There's no shortage of abandoned and decaying locations in my area of the US, and I really enjoy documenting them in a way that others will hopefully enjoy. 

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
That's a cool video, the music gives a creepy atmosphere at the beginning and you obviously know a lot about the building. Looks like a beautiful house, especially the stained glass. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum (y)  

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Oblivion State! Really nicely put together video and as @The_Raw has already said you're very knowledgable about the history of the place, an interesting place indeed. That pillar at 18:56 looks like it could crumble at any point lol. 

Looking forward to seeing some more as I haven't seen a lot from that area and if you need a hand with anything just shout (y)

Merryprankster

OS Member
Reaction score
not usually one for video reports but i quite enjoyed that, good work dude, thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum :D   (y)

KentuckyUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much @The_Raw, @hamtagger, @Merryprankster for your kind words. It's a house in my hometown, and had some help from the local historical preservation society to gain access and to gather the information I needed for the narration. The far left column does look as thoough it's close to coming down @hamtagger, it needed an estimated 1 million dollars in renovation, and thats definitely part of that estimate. @Merryprankster, I'm glad you enjoyed it even though videos usually arent your thing, I appreciate that.