Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

The Mausoleum - October 2015

prettypeculiar

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Last weekend I had to be in Hamburg to meet up with some people who visited the exposition in which I was one of the contributing artists. My husband decided to take up some overtime so we had some days extra.... In which I was given carte blanche to plan some urbex. ( My hubsie likes the exploring part of it, but not the photography and waiting part)

So I drew up a small detour of 900 kilometres :) and didn't tell him it were 900 kilometres, I 've just let him figure that out for himself ( didn't take him quite long to figure that we were a bit far off of Hamburg :p )

But he was more than happy when he saw what I had put in the planning.

This location made a huge impression on both of us.

I seem to have this peculiar fascination for dead and all the ceremonies and customs that go with it. We also read into the history behind this building, but i don't want to give out too much information.

Too bad to see that others do not have any form of respect for the dead... you could clearly see that the coffins were smashed in order to steal the skulls.

The remaining parts of the bodies were pretty intact, and wore precious gowns. Out of respect however, I have not taken any pictures of the visible corpses.

Normally i am not very fast in processing, but i found out that this special location was also explore number 200 for me , so i left the other 45 "to-do" sets for what they are at the moment

22312069580_139dcfabe2_b.jpg

22312306928_a0e3e2eb09_b.jpg

22312298378_6c3e650511_b.jpg

22313146399_4a39bc9f9f_b.jpg

22473964726_1b5d59d5f5_b.jpg

21877214294_489f6decd8_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenston

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Thats a bit special, so great images there (y)

:comp

Merryprankster

OS Member
Reaction score
thats very cool! awesome set thanks very much for sharing :) :comp :cool2:

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Explore Number 200 looks like a pretty damn good one to me and well done convincing hubby to travel so far! Cool report (y)

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
Undoubtedly, an interesting place.

Was it open when your visited it? I ask, because this place has a sad and infuriating Urbex-history:

The mausoleum was closed for many years and could only be photographed from the outside through the windows. Then the lock was broken by assholes. Absolutely disrespectful! A new chain has been fitted with a new lock. And the key was hidden near the mausoleum. So everyone could go inside, who knew where the key is.

For this reason I'm interested in, if it was open or how do you got inside.

I've heared that the chain was broken again, but I don't know, if it's true.

prettypeculiar

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
The setting was indeed very weird. The doors were wide open, on one of them there was a rusty chain hanging, inside thz mausoleum, there was a new padlock standing on the balconyfence, the padlock was open. You can see it in the left, right behind the large spiderweb. As far as i know, i was never aware of the hidden key, i saw many sets passing on the internet and heard rumours it was back open. I hope it will be closed soon again now i hear this.

Funlester

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice set, would love to go somewhere like this.

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Stunning place and images, loving that woodwork and the skylight shots :)

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice one in the extra days for urbexing (y) love number 5. Some beautiful detail in this place (y)