free hit counter
Williamsons Fire and rescue Equipment Oldham - July 2015 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Williamsons Fire and rescue Equipment Oldham - July 2015

coolboyslim

Old school (m8ty)
OS Full member
Reaction score
Another nice little report. Visited here with @ACID- REFLUX and Reich. Not got a clue really on place but decided what the hell. After drains all day why not have a building it was getting quite late but was a good night. Have to also say that without Reich It may not have happened. Anyways looked an interesting place. So in we went.

History
Found this interesting
MYSTERY surrounds a landmark business in Mumps as its approaches its centenary year.

Oldham family business Williamsons, established in 1920, supplies fire and rescue equipment, tools and industrial machinery.

But on Monday workers were sent home at lunch time and told the company had ceased trading.

Calls and emails to the business have gone unanswered, and yesterday the business was closed.

In 2011 the company’s Susan Steer expressed concern about Metrolink’s impact on her family’s business.
the company went into liquidation in June 2013. But like most are saying it seems closed for a while in a lot of places. Im struggling to find more info thats new

It was a nice place to see glad i went. On with the pics. Now for some reason think cause of drains my cam was a bit iffy but pics don't seem to bad. Reich noticed outside my lens had specs on that for some reason i couldn't see through finder DOH !!!!! lol...

Thought about time i stuck this here. Hope you enjoy. Thanks all

DSC02144_zpsotevgd3u.jpg

DSC02142_zpsiuiu46uz.jpg

DSC02117_zpsjokvolzh.jpg

DSC02116_zps9zccfadp.jpg

DSC02114_zps2mcsr4kf.jpg

DSC02108_zpspy8gcs37.jpg

DSC02104_zpsuxrtjnv0.jpg

DSC02100_zpsicb7zfpx.jpg

DSC02099-001_zps1utb00cf.jpg

DSC02096_zps3djrqxey.jpg

DSC02095_zpsc4882fls.jpg

DSC02094_zpslvtsnspr.jpg

Hope you like. It was deffo a cool place when we went. But think its fair trashed now sadly.

Thanks for looking all.

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
I like this despite never mind the equipment 'issues'. Looks a good explore and well captured. Like the simplicity of the 2 ladders, appeals to me for some reason :)

coolboyslim

Old school (m8ty)
OS Full member
Reaction score
Thx jones. And yea the ladders was cool. Big empty room just two ladders stood up. And deffo was an intresting place with stables etc. And the pics have kinda a warm feel to them. Think acid said its made them look Filmy and it kinda does make them look slighty different and cool.

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice one mate, looks alright this, might have to have a look next time am over 

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
This looks alright mate, few little bits left too. Always a bonus (y)  

:comp  

coolboyslim

Old school (m8ty)
OS Full member
Reaction score
Yea it's a nice place. Not sure on condition now however. And thx for replies etc it's apreciated 

ACID-REFLUX

OS Member
Reaction score
Film look......as if shot by a  Penthouse Photographer  :-o  (the old lads will know what i mean :) )

I think it was a bit of a risk leaving that "Turd" smear on your lens but it seems to have worked out mate  :-D

Pity we were late too the party here (as were most it seems) too trashed for my liking, although it was funny trying to time the light painting to the gaps in traffic so we didn"t blind anyone. And a bonus of having @Reich with us so we could "Post" him in lol

coolboyslim

Old school (m8ty)
OS Full member
Reaction score
Yea thx m8ty. Was a nice place really. And yea the pics do feel like a 60s port lmfao just imagine the final scene taking place in that stable lmao