free hit counter
Ashort visit to dover and folkestone 01/07/2010 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Ashort visit to dover and folkestone 01/07/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Right wasnt gunna do this post cos the main bit we went to see st matrins kinda placed obsticles for my 2 friends i got in but as they couldnt i ended up coming out again visited a place in folkstone the name of which escapes me cos i was in the back of van..2nd spot we visited was given info from a local..bit naff as it was just a staircase leading down a tunnel to a small room with an exit at end of,i personanly do not like heights cliff edges nor the 45 degree angles and narrow pathways leading in and out so my arse was flapping to the point i may have shouted "i want my mummy"..did it tho and if anyones recognsies the tunnel and knows about it do tell..right not many pics so short report

Right this is inside the gate at st martins

DSC01533.jpg

these few are inside the tunneled staircase

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01540.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

And heres some from inside the shelter at folkestone all flash im afraid was fealing way too ill to spend much more time out

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01541.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

superwide

OS Member
Reaction score
I think the place names you are looking for are, St Martins flank and the road of remembrance bunker. :D

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
I think the place names you are looking for are, St Martins flank and the road of remembrance bunker. :D
st martins yep that was first one and road of rememberence was last one..the tunnel with the long staicase is the mystery,in same general area of st martin but on the right over the fence from car park track goes down,and feeling wobbly as i did i didnt enjoy that bit,got all excited when we got in but just one tunnel with a room at bottom seen in pics

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Road of rememberance bunker is a pretty nice place, although pretty stripped.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Cave spiders down there where just a little on the scarey side

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Cave spiders down there where just a little on the scarey side
Ha ha, another person who's scared of them. They're only bloody spiders lol.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Ha ha, another person who's scared of them. They're only bloody spiders lol.

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Dazzer had one leap out of his camera bag and scuttle under his kithen units a while back. I think Frosty had a whole nest of the buggers spring up in his room once, so who knows it just might happen . . . . . . .

:spider:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Dazzer had one leap out of his camera bag and scuttle under his kithen units a while back. I think Frosty had a whole nest of the buggers spring up in his room once, so who knows it just might happen . . . . . . .:spider:
talking of frosty he asked unclebulagria if he could get a pic of me getting stuck in entrance of st martins ..proud to report the middle aged spread hasnt spread far enuff not to get in there..spiders in me beer tho eeew :beer2:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Dazzer had one leap out of his camera bag and scuttle under his kithen units a while back. I think Frosty had a whole nest of the buggers spring up in his room once, so who knows it just might happen . . . . . . .:spider:
talking of frosty he asked unclebulagria if he could get a pic of me getting stuck in entrance of st martins ..proud to report the middle aged spread hasnt spread far enuff not to get in there..spiders in me beer tho eeew :beer2:
Right silly question pics 2/3and 4..thats not far from st martins u any ideas what it is exactly

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Right silly question pics 2/3and 4..thats not far from st martins u any ideas what it is exactly
I've Got no idea - it looks just like the passages inside part of the detached bastion in Dover - and while St martins isn't all that far from there, I don't think that's where you were. It's clearly part of the napoleonic defences thou.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
I've Got no idea - it looks just like the passages inside part of the detached bastion in Dover - and while St martins isn't all that far from there, I don't think that's where you were. It's clearly part of the napoleonic defences thou.

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
well all i know was from car park over fence downa very nasty path to this there where other small looking entrances that where filled..but main tunnel was about 80 yeards long was just glad to get too carpark level me legs gave out and it was clamber on all fours up a very steep slope..stick me down a manhole deep as u like cliff edges nah..may be worth a look again ,some local bloke in car park mentioned it as he saw rucksacks etc we had
That's the problem with Dover - it's full of passeges and tunnels everywhere. I like to think I've seen most of them, but there's always stuff turning up! I expect someone on here will know what it is, but it's not one I've visited before.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
That's the problem with Dover - it's full of passeges and tunnels everywhere. I like to think I've seen most of them, but there's always stuff turning up! I expect someone on here will know what it is, but it's not one I've visited before.

Status
Not open for further replies.