What's new

Post a thread

Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Germany Cinema (Dec. 2020)

Tomvandutch

Full member
Joined
Jan 20, 2014
Messages
257
Reaction score
572
Points
93
Location
Düsseldorf/Germany
Website
www.tomvandutch.de
From July 1st, 1956, the W ***** film theater was built by the W ****** film factory ("ORWO") according to plans by the architect Hugo Seitz. On August 2nd, 1957, the film theater opened as the most modern cinema in the GDR with DEFA's first total vision film "Mazurka der Liebe".

The decline of this beautiful house began immediately with the turning point.
One of the reasons was the decision of the "Treuhand" not to sell this and the absolute majority of the cinemas of the former GDR to interested cinema people on site, but to people who, on the one hand, did not understand anything about the cinema or wanted to speculate with the property. The former applied to the fate of this house.

In 2008 the building was auctioned off.

From the expose:
"Year of construction of the 2-storey building with partial basement with hall extension approx. 1957. The foyer with cinema box office and bistro, the video library, gender-separated sanitary facilities and utility rooms are reached on the ground floor via the classic cinema entrance portal. 289 seats as well as the small cinema hall with approx. 38 seats. The operator's apartment with shower bath, the projection room and other rooms on the upper floor are reached via two separate staircases. Simple, tiled sanitary equipment. Heating via gas central heating with DHW heating. Greened outdoor areas. Parking spaces are sufficient The existing lease contract was extended with a fixed term of 5 years from December 1st, 2008. The movie theater is in a good state of preservation according to its use. The following modernization measures were carried out by the current operator: Installation of a modern heating system, roof repairs, partly renewal of the windows, bistro equipment with bar / dispensing system and a small kitchen. The property will be sold including the cinema equipment, technical cinema equipment, bistro kitchen, bar with dispensing system, etc. There is a need for further renovation and modernization, especially on the facade and roof of the building. "

After the reunification there were different operators who continued to run the cinema.
There was also a frequent change here and it also happened that the cinema was closed for a few months before a new operator took over. In November 2009 the cinema was finally closed due to a lack of current projection technology.

Today the entire building is empty and there are already several traces of vandalism to be seen. The entire building is a listed building.

Current information say´s, a renovation is to start in spring 2021.

DSC00001-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00004-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00010-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00016-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00028-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00034-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00037-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00040-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00043-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00046-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00052-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00055-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00058-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00067-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00070-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00073-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00076-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00082-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00085-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00088-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00091-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00103-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00106-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
DSC00112-HDR-Bearbeitet.jpg
 
Top