free hit counter
Great Britain - Duke of Lancaster ship (November 2015) | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Duke of Lancaster ship (November 2015)

Lavino

OS Member
Reaction score
Visited the ship in north wales with woopashoopaa vulex and Telf great looking ship with some good graffitti. Lots of barbed wire and fences around the ship but managed to get to the ship but then we heard " your not supposed to be here" by the secca guy coming from his cabin. Did manage to get some pictures was a nice leisurely look around and nice scenery to be had.on with my history and pics....

On August 10th, 1979, a former Sealink passenger ferry called The Duke of Lancaster" was beached at Llanerch-y-Mor in North Wales with the intention of turning it into a floating leisure and retail complex called The Fun Ship but the project never achieved it's full potential due to many long running legal disputes with the local council.

Make no bones about it, until it was converted into a car ferry she was one of the finest vessels afloat at the time. The first class quarters in the late fifties and early sixties were the best around, silver service restaurants, state rooms and luxurious cabins. In fact, the facilities and the accommodation on board Lancaster were so good she was frequently taken out of her usual ferry service and used as a cruise liner with frequent annual cruises around Scotland, Scandinavia and the Mediterranean.

P1190017_zpsxvys9vp7.jpg

P1190014_zpsiqhehuu6.jpg

P1190012_zpsqbrsvffy.jpg

P1190010_zpsnzjh3t2n.jpg

P1190007_zpsx0gbrc97.jpg

P1190006_zpsvc82xwad.jpg

P1190005_zpstcvdurml.jpg

P1190003_zps4kbzbhj0.jpg

P1190002_zpsfnyzfbcn.jpg

P1190001_zpsp8n8z5ks.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonesout

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Good stuff I must say.

And being told "you should not be here" I would say you got away lightly... Tools with baseball bats is the usual greeting so it's been reported.

lucan

Oblivion State Member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Good stuff I must say.And being told "you should not be here" I would say you got away lightly... Tools with baseball bats is the usual greeting so it's been reported.
a golf club and on another occasion 2 grumpy old gits with sticks

-Raz-

OS Member
Reaction score
Good stuff mate sounds similar to our visit no obvious way aboard besides climbing the chain and we got caught before we could try that :mrgreen:

Lenston

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Pretty nice that mate, say hi to Telf for me :)

Lavino

OS Member
Reaction score
Pretty nice that mate, say hi to Telf for me :)
Hopefully you'll be seeing him in next few weeks :)

Lavino

OS Member
Reaction score
Good stuff I must say.And being told "you should not be here" I would say you got away lightly... Tools with baseball bats is the usual greeting so it's been reported.
I don't think he was upto tackling us with bats lol..

P1190015_zpsduziwmpg.jpg

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Looking increasingly sorry for its self these days, such a shame. Often wonder what the insides are like now, I bet they're equally as bad.

Does sound like you got off lightly, or maybe the owners have calmed down a bit, either way nothing bad happened so it's all good. :)

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Huge fan of some of the artwork on there, not everyone's cuppa tea but it's certainly a bit different and made the boat famous around the world.

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep I do like the graff on this and it would be fascinating to see inside!