free hit counter
Great Britain - Eastry Mental Hospital - June 2013 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Eastry Mental Hospital - June 2013

Urbex Ninja

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to visit this place for a while, so we decided to stop by and have a look around, it does look worse than I thought it would be, it's absolutely trashed now. Lots of work has been going on and everything has been stripped bare. From what I was told, one of the rooms that has been locked for years has finally been opened, pics follow:

ljFtN4i.jpg

4kJhVKM.jpg

cFFBVwp.jpg

2McL891.jpg

xjwm2e8.jpg

CTLXwdM.jpg

Fkv7k9w.jpg

7vUIIcS.jpg

sDs6tbP.jpg

yqKNSYQ.jpg

8JMFhhE.jpg

Dwun6WC.jpg

TrSlVXH.jpg

dr8sYLc.jpg

kGUXylF.jpg

9375Z4x.jpg

CcRWele.jpg

S5UkiEh.jpg

PiiKP02.jpg

You can see more on the Kent Underground and Abandoned Places page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Was this after the 2nd fire i take it then?as i heard the bulldozers where active..shame it was a nice explore

atleast you got in to see some of it

Obscurity

OS Member
Reaction score
OH NO! Gutted to see the place looking like that. Goodbye eastry. It was an absolute wreck but the closest thing we had to an explorable hospital local to us and actually had quite a few interesting bits in there. Another one bites the dust. Thanks for the update.

Urbex Ninja

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Was this after the 2nd fire i take it then?as i heard the bulldozers where active..shame it was a nice exploreatleast you got in to see some of it
We went there last night, there is definitely signs of people doing work there, everything has just been gutted and chucked outside, wont be long before the place is knocked down for good. But yes, at least I finally got to have a look around before she's gone!

OH NO! Gutted to see the place looking like that. Goodbye eastry. It was an absolute wreck but the closest thing we had to an explorable hospital local to us and actually had quite a few interesting bits in there. Another one bites the dust. Thanks for the update.
Indeed, looks like we'll have to go to greater lengths to explore a hospital!

Shush

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Have you been before, have you got any pictures of its previous state sounds like it was a gud un. Nice set chuck :D

Urbex Ninja

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Have you been before, have you got any pictures of its previous state sounds like it was a gud un. Nice set chuck :D
Thanks, but no I've never been before this is the first time I've been to Eastry Hospital, there are loads of pictures scattered around of it though :)

Reaction score
Nice pics there, shame it's a write off, I had a look back in January in the snow and there wasn't a great deal to look at then :(

klempner69

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Good stuff mate..nice to see taps on a bath

SuZyQue

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
OMG can't believe it's in that state, what about the little chapel I heard they were keeping that, I visited along time ago, did have a few pics but have lost them somewhere. :)

Urbex Ninja

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
OMG can't believe it's in that state, what about the little chapel I heard they were keeping that, I visited along time ago, did have a few pics but have lost them somewhere. :)
Chapel is still there but sealed up, no access as of yet :(

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Chapel is still there but sealed up, no access as of yet :(
theres a few reports about from inside it.not as grande on the inside as the outside makes you believe

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
That is in a sorry old state for sure.

I guess the plus side is they are doing something with it.

Cheers for the share

(y)