Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Fantasy World October 2015

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Gotta love a play area. A few years ago there was an abandoned shopping centre in reading that was being regularly explored, and that had a kids soft play area as well. Most people went just to dick about in there. (y)

Urban_Explorer

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
haha speaking a rave, there was a mic there connected to some sort of system that you can speak through anyway we put some music on our phone and then music was playing all over ;)

Urban_Explorer

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the tips, yes the lighting that was available did not help much and all i wanted was just photo's nothing fancy tbh . of course am unable to tell you about the access which i know you can understand :)

Urban_Explorer

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
of course i did lol!

22387320377_e49b7933cc_c.jpg
DSCF4644 by simon_sanigar, on Flickr

macc_explore

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Is that inside the slide??? I stared at that for ages wondering what was going on !

I really do think I need to make the journey across and have some fun and games here.. I hope the access is suitable for a one year old coz I'm sensing a cheap day out here hahahaha

Urban_Explorer

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Lol suitable for all ages my friend and yes that's the inside of a slide :)

Urban_Explorer

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Is that inside the slide??? I stared at that for ages wondering what was going on !I really do think I need to make the journey across and have some fun and games here.. I hope the access is suitable for a one year old coz I'm sensing a cheap day out here hahahaha
Yes that is inside the slide just be for i went down it, this place is suitable for all ages what ever the rules say in the building lol.

Bopsical

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I went to the arcade at fantasy world today but is the upstairs just shut off now ? I only saw the original sign abandoned the upstairs part was boarded off , I thought they might of made something of it ?

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I went to the arcade at fantasy world today but is the upstairs just shut off now ? I only saw the original sign abandoned the upstairs part was boarded off , I thought they might of made something of it ?

Is this place seriously still about after all this time?

Lozzamcgrew

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, been a while since i done a report so thought would post one from a recent explore.

Can't really find much information on this place but it's very local to me and been told that it has been closed for around 5 years now and was closed do to health and safety.

I have put a water mark on my photo's because i have recently had photos stolen and used on a group on facebook.

On with the Photos.

View attachment 67373

View attachment 67374

View attachment 67375

View attachment 45691

View attachment 67376

View attachment 45692

View attachment 67377

View attachment 45693

View attachment 67378

View attachment 45694

View attachment 45695

View attachment 67379

View attachment 45696

View attachment 45697

View attachment 67380

View attachment 45698

View attachment 67381

View attachment 67382

View attachment 67383

View attachment 45699

View attachment 45700

View attachment 45701

Thanks for Looking :)
This is great! I used to go here when I was younger in the 90s.. it was absolutely amazing back then so it’s bizarre to see it abandoned now and pretty sad really!

Adam snowball

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This is great! I used to go here when I was younger in the 90s.. it was absolutely amazing back then so it’s bizarre to see it abandoned now and pretty sad really!
Same, think I was between 4 and 6 the last time i was there maybe 1991 0r 1993. Had a leaving party there as me and My 3 brothers got adopted. Fantasy world was awesome. Never had the cahonies to go on that blue vertical slide though. Haha great to see the place again.