Contact the team

Fullers Earth Works, Redhill - July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Second visit here for me, the first was over a year ago.

Was a funny old day today with security run-ins, more security and dogs, metal theifs and later on more fail, but we don't want to talk about that, we're here to see more pics from fullers.

This site is, it's fair to say, trashed well and truely. However it's decaying nicely and is quite photogenic, I've explored worse places. Snubbed by some on account of it's well known 'walk in' status, it is still worth a visit if you accept the fact it's not going to throw up and 'wow' moments, and just concentrate on the photography rather than attempting to document the place. It's also a hard place to be origenal in as it's so well covered.

So tonight for your viewing pleasure I bring you, exclusively, the one, the only top 5 stereotypical shots of fullers earthworks.

In at Number 5: The shot walking down the hill towards it.

Lets face it, everyone takes this shot. Although everyone uses it to introduce the building with, generally it's taken on your way out strolling up the hill.

Image-9649.jpg

In at Number 4: The long warehouse shot.

Taken in a moment of madness, when you think for a split second a shot of an empty warehouse is going to somehow be more interesting than all the shit next door. You know it will never make the report, but you take it anyway out of a sense of loyalty. Added bonus points for use of pooled water for reflections of warehouse roof.

Image-9608.jpg

In at Number 3: The empty packaging shot.

There are various brands of empty packaging to choose from. I happened to choose the Pittl Ultra Light cat litter (4KG) as someone had already arranged them in this aesthetically pleasing arrangement and as a bonus wiped one clean, saving me the bother of doing it.

Image-9601.jpg

In at Number 2: The 'Big Chain'

Well, it is a big one isn't it. There are 3 to choose from, but this one on the end hogs the lime-light natrually because of t's position on the end. There's more room to manouvere here, allowing a range of differing angles to be achieved. I went for the relatively common "looking at it from the left, to include the 'key in control room' sign" option. (3/10)

Image-9612.jpg

And Number 1 goes to: The 'straight down the middle shot'.

Well who hasn't.

Image-9609.jpg

The one I couldn't bring to you today was the 'top of silo looking down/out shot' as to be honest, I couldn't be arsed to climb them.

Cheers for looking

Maniac.

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Mike, I like it, gave me many lols and it reminded me of any Sevs reports (mine included), the whole generic report, sort of corridor, ivy growing through door, down the stairs with the shiny bricks, wide angle of the split corridors, red cell doors opened to a perfect angle.... etc...etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.