Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

HMS Forward South Heighton June 2012

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Thanks to Monk for posting this and meeting up with us i must admit i nearly had a little sex wee when i saw this place.It is even better in real life and worth the efoort..

in attendance ,Myself Urbanginger,SpaceInvader, Fortknox0, Rookinella ,lawrence Monk and canute..

Was a good start to a fun day..There is so much history so here is a samll snippet of what is written

HMS FORWARD maintained a comprehensive maritime surveillance of everything that moved on, under or over the English Channel from Dungeness to Selsey Bill. Ten coastal radar stations between Fairlight and Bognor Regis reported directly to HMS FORWARD. All information was filtered and plotted and also relayed by teleprinter to similar plots at Dover and Portsmouth.

HMS FORWARD was heavily involved in the saga of the German battle cruisers Scharnhorst, Gneiseneau and Prinz Eugen on 11 February 1942, the Dieppe Raid of 19 August 1942, D-Day, and nightly MTB harassment raids and commando 'snoops' on the occupied French coast. Air/sea rescue was also coordinated from here.

Like i say just a small bit of info google will produce much more if you are that interested...

Quick planage!

hms_forward_plan.gif

DSC_0049_2.jpg

DSC_0046_4.jpg

DSC_0039_2.jpg

DSC_0037_5.jpg

DSC_0035_4.jpg

DSC_0033_3.jpg

DSC_0032_2.jpg

DSC_0024_2.jpg

DSC_0023_7.jpg

DSC_0020_4.jpg

DSC_0012_9.jpg

DSC_0004_7.jpg

Great start to a day

Ilove this type of structure

Last edited by a moderator:

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
I love em to mate gonne have to come back down with Nelly and trog and yake some more of this all in (y)

Cheers mate cracking stuff :beer: