free hit counter
Great Britain - Iron mines Northamtonshire 26/09/2010 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Iron mines Northamtonshire 26/09/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Right must say these where to be my first mines,got Txt from troglodyte thursday night..here wevsky wanna come and meet me and me missus up here for a few mines..yes says me if i can get there.So few txts later got hold of Maniac who was well up for the road trip up there.I have a pdf file with a lot of info on the iron mining industry including some maps and some info on both these mines.But due to the fact that the maps and detailed info gives exact locations to the mines i really cant use it,so this report is more about my first mine and meeting up with some great people along the way..This was a trip up there with maniac to meet troglodyte his missus *char* and to then meet up in a pub carpark with DHL fazey and one other guy who tbh i didnt catch his name so sorry there mate..

Right the first mine was Church North ...then after a quick change a sneaky pint and a chat with Troglodyte and his missus the second mine (willow close) which was visited without dhl fazey and the other bloke they had other plans ..right on with some pics..one passage in an iron mine looks pretty much like another so i wont over do it with the pics

DSC01809.jpg

DSC01810.jpg

DSC01816.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01826.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

DSC01845.jpg

Right on with willow close

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01862.jpg

DSC01870.jpg

Right thats me done..thanks again to maniac wh agreed to come along and did the driving..nice one troglodyte for the invite..shame there was major traffic jams on way home took 4 and a half hours to get back..thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:

superwide

OS Member
Reaction score
Very nice, like the door shot. :cool2:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Pics came out well mate. Those carbide lamps were pretty cool - I've been having a browse on e-bay today. lol

Was a god trip, even if the car journey on the way home proper sucked!

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Pics came out well mate. Those carbide lamps were pretty cool - I've been having a browse on e-bay today. lol Was a god trip, even if the car journey on the way home proper sucked!
just been on ebay myself looking at this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Caving-carbide-li ... 3cb121e3d7

trip wasa good look forward to seeing some of your pics mate!!

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Just realised you put this in industrial, I've moved them to underground because, well, they are. :lol:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Just realised you put this in industrial, I've moved them to underground because, well, they are. :lol:
ah BUt mining iron was also industrial..thus my confusion :)

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Few pics from me from the day.

Image-2833.jpg

Image-2834.jpg

Image-2836.jpg

There was an amazing amount of chrystalised salts in the water of this flooded part (It's only a few inches deep mind)

Image-2841.jpg

Hobnail boot marks on the floor.

Image-2849.jpg

Image-2852.jpg

Bottom parts of two old carbide lamps.

Image-2854.jpg

Image-2855.jpg

Flooded bit

Image-2856.jpg

And from the second mine, which is very simelar to the first (didn't take many photos in here as I was getting pretty tired)

Image-2860.jpg

Image-2862.jpg

Image-2863.jpg

Image-2865.jpg

All in all a good, but tiring day. Was great to meet a few new people, cheers everyone. :)

silverainbow

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Great stuff really love the detail in the rock, you can actually see the iron ore and the corrosion on the face of it !

(y)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Great stuff really love the detail in the rock, you can actually see the iron ore and the corrosion on the face of it !(y)
was a good trip unlike tonight wont even post pics of the hovis mill up here..not worthy missed a vital area and as dark couldnt wander round waving toorches ropund..its a def daylight job..pissing down in dover so aborted :(

Status
Not open for further replies.