Contact Staff

Contact the team

Krampnitz Kaserne - October 2013

Timster1973

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

Short report this unfortunately. The key areas of this place were either sealed, trashed or being worked on by builders whilst we were wandering. To top it all the security was wandering about so we had some running about to do.

History

The site was used by the German army since 1937 when the cavalry moved its school from Hannover.It was also used as a driving training centre until the Russians took control of the area, taking over a day after the Germans abandoned it April 26, 1945.The 35th Guards Motor Rifle Division was then stationed there until its abandonment in 1992, after the Dissolution of the Soviet Union.

The whole complex consists of more than 50 buildings, most of which are apartment buildings and storage, though it also includes an officers’ club, a Tennis court, theatre and more. It is rumored that movies such as Inglourious Basterds and Enemy at the Gates shot some scenes here.

We made it to the infamous “swastika†building and found that the builders had painted over the offending articles and the general area was covered in graffiti. We took a few shots and made our way out.

Outside we bumped into Endsilence and a few others who decided not to introduce themselves until we spoke on Flickr and realised that we were explorers too. Not that 4 lads with tripods and camera gear climbing out through the wall and the forest gave the game away!!

Four photos in this report. Thats all.

10932087785_c888928417_z.jpg

10931780166_2376d9635e_z.jpg

10931171726_aa67a17b9e_z.jpg

The last shot I took as I liked the mood and the fact it wasn't covered in graff.

10297775073_a030e60ece_z.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Tim

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Short indeed but as always sweet.

I love the look of the place .

Cool share buddy

(y)

:comp

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Oh my word, short but very very sweet, cracking share :)

Stussy

OS Member
Reaction score
Really wanted to visit this place for so long, hopefully next year, cracking pics Timster (y)

bango

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Will do asap, just need to get my internet connection at home back up and running :p

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Will do asap, just need to get my internet connection at home back up and running :p
Good stuff, look forward to it :)