free hit counter
Pitchford Hall - Shrewsbury - July 2015 | Page 2 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Pitchford Hall - Shrewsbury - July 2015

Lavino

OS Member
Reaction score
Great set of photos there looks like you lads had a good time there. And glad you made it in. I really enjoyed my visit also. Did you find the hidden door in the wood panneling.

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Great set of photos there looks like you lads had a good time there. And glad you made it in. I really enjoyed my visit also. Did you find the hidden door in the wood panneling.
Thanks, laddette if you please :D no didn't find that. It was indeed a good day & thank you (y)

lucan

Oblivion State Member
OS Full member
Reaction score
do you mean this secret door

sgia90.jpg

Lavino

OS Member
Reaction score
Ahh my friend Lucan yeah think that's the one lol I didn't find it. So your the only one I've seen get a picture would have liked to see what as down there..have you been back to brogy again yet we need take a look there again :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
That would be it Lucan, looks teasing without a pic of what is behind it :D

lucan

Oblivion State Member
OS Full member
Reaction score
the passage seemed to go in about 10 feet or so and was dark , not much looked like it was in there

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
the passage seemed to go in about 10 feet or so and was dark , not much looked like it was in there
You found the secret room and didn't go in fully? From what I've heard of have been in there seeing it for myself.

Lavino

OS Member
Reaction score
This is a bit about the priest hole I found on the web......

What most upset Mrs Colthurst was that he made the decision without accepting her invitation to visit the hall. 'Not even one of his juniors came,' she said, grimacing and talking at breakneck speed to conceal anger and tears. She gave one of her last guided tours. In one room, she moved a piece of wood panelling and a secret door opened. Beyond it, a staircase led down to the Priest's Hole installed during Henry VIII's reign. In the 1640s, Prince Rupert, nephew of Charles I, hid there from the Roundheads. Twelve of his troopers took cover in the tunnels.

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
I've read similar and that was before I went, I'd be in there like a shot investigating. Either that or the picture above is not the secret door

lucan

Oblivion State Member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I took the torch on my second visit and planned to investigate further but found the place sealed tight, so just got externals and a dislocated shoulder from slipping on the steps coverd in moss

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
I took the torch on my second visit and planned to investigate further but found the place sealed tight, so just got externals and a dislocated shoulder from slipping on the steps coverd in moss
That doesn't sound like a fun visit

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Very nice indeed this Urbexbandoned and that's the first shot I've seen of the secret door lucan! (y)

Last edited by a moderator: