Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

RAF Bawdsey, April 2016

urbexdevil

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
It’s been a long time coming this location, literally being on my list for as long as I can remember being a slight bunker nut that I am. With a date set we set out on the two hour trip to the bunker and although having a good explore on surface level, we were baffled when it came to access into the bunker down to the rather well sealed concrete caps on both entrances, including the air ventilation shaft.

After speaking to a few people, I was convinced we had missed the entry point and decided to make the journey back there for another attempt. This time, without a doubt, we were closer to the entrance and were literally at the point we could see into the  bunker! However being so close came to no avail as the access was still sealed tight none-the-less.

Leaving the site for the second time, disappointed I am left to leave the report as surface level only until the time comes to give it a go again. Local knowledge told us that the site had been sold on, literally to a local farmer with the intention to restore the bunker.

The history on this site is readily available online, so I won’t bore you all with the details and instead; here’s a link to Subbrit. Subterranea Britannica: RSG: Sites: RAF Bawdsey Rotor Radar Station

Onto the surface level pictures.

DSC06804.jpg

DSC06802.jpg

DSC06801.jpg

DSC06794.jpg

DSC06785.jpg

DSC06784.jpg

DSC06780.jpg

DSC06779.jpg

DSC06778.jpg

DSC06771.jpg

DSC06772.jpg

DSC06777.jpg

DSC06763.jpg

DSC06759.jpg

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
A nice collection , if only the bunker access was anything like the main site access....

Here's hoping you get your reward!

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
You don't have some bad shots there, shame that you didn't get in to the main bit. Perseverence (y)  

Would be nice to see it restored in the future and those window shutters are ace :)

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Looks like a leisurely way to spend an hour, some nice pics too :)