Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

RAF Cheddington/RAF Marsworth - January 2014

Rik

OS Member
Reaction score
RAF Cheddington (also known as RAF Marsworth) is a former Royal Air Force station located 1 mile south-west of Cheddington, Buckinghamshire, England. The airfield was closed in 1952.

Cheddington was used as a First World War aerodrome briefly during 1917. The airfield was closed after the armistice.

During the Second World War, Cheddington Airfield opened in March 1942 as a satellite station to RAF Wing, with 26 Operational Training Unit, Vickers Wellington bombers (these had the codes "EU" on the aircraft sides).

Was itching to get a splore under my belt to start 2014 off, armed alongside my new DSLR which I have had for only one week (So apologise for the photographs not being the best ever) I had a chat with a friend who suggested this derelict RAF base, thanks Southside Assassin!

Lovely mooch around, did get approached by one of the business owners that have a few lockups and units on the site, asked if I had permission, he was really just concerned about the health and safety aspect, he was a nice chap let me carry on.

Nice relaxed visit and I did miss a few parts, so will be revisiting again soon.

HoyB7nV.jpg

psuICo8.jpg

8oka8uM.jpg

2MG0Sbm.jpg

tYSW9Wr.jpg

pZOYZiX.jpg

pAKfCK2.jpg

vas7kGn.jpg

D4ITl5J.jpg

794IR6r.jpg

scakAVO.jpg

IIOpObw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Lovely write up and shots there Rik, thanks for sharing :)

:comp

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Thats cool Rik and can see the new cameras going to produce some nice crisp result and are getting to grips with it.

Thanks for the share mate (y)

Rik

OS Member
Reaction score
Thanks Lara and SK

Yes getting to grips with the camera, only been using it for a week, so cant expect to be a master of photography in one week :)

Best way to learn to get out there and get snapping :)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Cool stuff mate !, getting there for sure =]

Silent Night

OS Member
Reaction score
great stuff RIK (y) , look like your getting to grips with the new toy nice write up with cool pics always a winning combo, did you have to pay the £400 quid fine :p

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice stuff Rik, glad to see you're getting the hang of the new toy