free hit counter
Great Britain - RAF Newton - 01/02/09 Snooow(ish) | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain RAF Newton - 01/02/09 Snooow(ish)

Shadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Managed to pursuade Jesus (for the first time in fooking aaaaaages) and BravoZeRo to join me on a winter wonder round the former RAF base, saw a few new sites today but got spooked by chavs sporting balaclavas who later turned out to probably be fellow UE'ers

Anyhoo, on with pics, usual entry point so a few of the houses first...

DSC_0954.jpg

DSC_0952.jpg

DSC_0948.jpg

BravoZeRo

DSC_0955.jpg

Always a good sign, but this is the point where the footpath conveniently disappears into nothingness

Right onto some parts of the base that are right in the heart of security territory...

DSC_0965.jpg

DSC_0964.jpg

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0969.jpg

DSC_0970.jpg

DSC_0971.jpg

After wondering around the heart of the base we then decided to have a lookie at a building I have never seen covered in any reports, mainly due to the fact it is directly behind the security hut and is pretty much constantly watched, on the way round to it we didnt notice the secondary security hut for the live section of the base that we pretty much walked straight past, and god knows how they didn't notice us..

Rather large building, although unfortunately not accessible at the moment.

DSC_0972.jpg

Might as well try....nope....locked

DSC_0976.jpg

DSC_0974.jpg

At another entrance to the base, bit of a contrast to the opposite section of the site.

DSC_0978.jpg

Some random shots on the way back to the car

DSC_0983.jpg

DSC_0961.jpg

DSC_0959.jpg

Just before we were about to leave, while sitting in the car at the usual layby the group who we were previously being wary of turned up and one of them sorting woodland combats gave us a couple of knowing nods as we drove past, leading us to conclude that they had spotting our camera kit slung across our backs and realised that we were probably fellow UE'ers.

Cheers for looking at the pics, most of em came out really grainy as I only looked at my ISO in the car on the way back and realising it was still on Ho.3 from the previous nights experiments :evil: :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryda

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Looks like a kushty little explore mate! pics all look good as usual

Shadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
water tower mate, were gunna climb it, but it was cold and we basically couldnt be fucked. Although we need to soon, as newton is gunna be flattened soon :eek: :shock: :? :evil: :roll: :x :oops: :cry: :|

RiF

OS Member
Reaction score
man it was soooo cold walkin around there :S

Nah, they going to build "eco"town on Newton, there was so much uproar!

vanishing days

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
maybe they wont demo it with the credit crunch most of the building comapines are going under yayayayayayayay

Shadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
no bravo, got a letter through post today saying that the council granted planning permission on the project :evil:

RiF

OS Member
Reaction score
no bravo, got a letter through post today saying that the council granted planning permission on the project :evil:
FUCK!

Jesus

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I thought they threw out those plans? Must admit not living right next to it I'm not up-to-date though.

RiF

OS Member
Reaction score
Just before we were about to leave, while sitting in the car at the usual layby the group who we were previously being wary of turned up and one of them sorting woodland combats gave us a couple of knowing nods as we drove past, leading us to conclude that they had spotting our camera kit slung across our backs and realised that we were probably fellow UE'ers.
I've looked on other EU sites an no one has posted a report of Newton lately

:?:

I thought they threw out those plans? Must admit not living right next to it I'm not up-to-date though.
So did I, I remember posting about it not going to happen from the local news letter, I got through the letterbox, but I cant find the thread! :evil:

(we need a 'view threads started by..' as weel as 'view posts')