Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Severalls Asylum Colchester July 2011

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Yep another sevs report.we havnt done it so after the news of the plans for the place a decision was made and we headed up for our first explore of the day!

Now Obscurity has been bust at the fence before so was looking to get it done,and done it was we used our urbex trampoline to deal with that palisade and ninja'd our wayin..shortly after to be followed by Olz9181 and his mate (sorry mate forgot yer name..been a long day)..quick chat and intorductions and we went our seperate ways!

History has been done to death so here's

http://severallsmentalhospital.co.uk/#/ ... 4532878444

Got to a point we could hear what sounded like a power tool being used and some distant banging so as we had spent quite a while in here decided to Gtfo..

Visited with Space Invader and Obscurity

Not gunna go to mad with the pics im sure you have all seen the place by now...

CSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0020_1.jpg

sorry love them corridors..

DSC_0009_1.jpg

DSC_0029_1.jpg

DSC_0040_1.jpg

DSC_0056_3.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

With a bit of info (cheers dicky)we where sure we where gunna nail the tower..but it wasnt to be..

DSC_0090_2.jpg

DSC_0095_1.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0101_2.jpg

Thanks to Obscurity for driving and too both of you for a long but fun day!

Just for nelly one pano

DSC_0058_stitch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Sweet mate, Brilliant pics of a great location. Top notch!!

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Great shots fella i 1st went here august bank holiday 2007 !

still one of my all time fave hospitals
2007...you got any pics from back then ..feel free to add a few as a comparison :cool2:

Obscurity

OS Member
Reaction score
cracking stuff mate, your photos are certainly improving (y) was a fun morning mate :)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
cracking stuff mate, your photos are certainly improving (y) was a fun morning mate :)
Now all i need is to sort my lighting underground!!

klempner69

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Good shots bud..missed those vending machines..shit!! :angry2:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Good shots bud..missed those vending machines..shit!! :angry2:
ah i love seeing bits ive missed from other reports..,always a reason to go back again :)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Ive always come across bits ive either missed or pics i wasnt happy with so always a reason to go back lol (y)

Luke

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
My memory is a bit rusty with time, but the power tools and banging could have been the local kids who built the skate ramp in the laundry loading bay. I was amazed how much they were able to do in there, especially considering they were hardly subtle about doing it. All got stripped out when security finally caught on mores the pity.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
My memory is a bit rusty with time, but the power tools and banging could have been the local kids who built the skate ramp in the laundry loading bay. I was amazed how much they were able to do in there, especially considering they were hardly subtle about doing it. All got stripped out when security finally caught on mores the pity.
On this visit there wasnt Michael i dont think ,he came along after that i think..but we all heard the noises and decide to crack onto the next explore...and welcome into the group mate (y)

SuZyQue

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Superb pics, I luv corridors to and peeling paint, I'm sure I've done the water tower, there is about 6ft of water at the bottom and the ladder was soooooooo rusty didn't look down lol but at the top the view was awesome. :)

Luke

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
On this visit there wasnt Michael i dont think ,he came along after that i think..but we all heard the noises and decide to crack onto the next explore...and welcome into the group mate (y)
It was definitely before Michael's reign there mate, there was a lull in security around the time and you could pretty much walk around the site without any problems, hence why they were able to construct a full-on skate park in one of the buildings. Michael changed all that of course, made it much more fun.