free hit counter
Great Britain - Snow Hill 3, Birmingham - August 2019 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Snow Hill 3, Birmingham - August 2019

expert_tag_along

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Snow Hill 3, Birmingham - August 2019

Visited twice first with 2 non-members and then with @scrappy.

Snow Hill 3 is the last of 3 glass towers sitting side by side to be constructed next to Snow Hill Station in Birmingham. This one is to house BT's new call centre amongst other smaller businesses and offices.

Managed by BAM construction the building is still at final fix stage and well behind its estimated completion date of summer 2018.

The visit first involved some precision timing and a lot of tip toeing, when we finally got on the roof and saw the epic view there were cheeky smiles all round. After taking some photos 2 of us decided to dare the glass roof which filters light straight down to the atrium 17 floors below. After walking on then spotting a cracked glass panel behind me I scooted off at speed spreading my weight any way possible and would not recommend attempting this. (#nearly died)

The second visit began with a short panic when we heard voices on the stairs, only to rush back down, wait outside and then see 2 teenagers in the most colourful Hawaiin shirts bundle out.
We headed back up and had a lovely chilled evening with a few beers watching the city.

tsrow2.jpg

External from BAM's website, Snow Hill 3 is the protruding modern glass tower between its red brick neighbours,

resize 1.jpg

resize 2.jpg

resize 3.jpg

From the atrium roof looking out to BT Tower

resize 4.jpg

resize 5.jpg
image1584528279678.png

'ah wow look at this death pit' ..... Looking down between Snow Hill 2 and 3 and the aptly named 'mirrored death pit'
resize 6.jpg

resize 7.jpeg

St Chad's Cathedral

scrappy

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I love the last shot. it was a great night sat up there in the fog.