Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

St Josephs Seminary. August 2015.

Redhunter

OS Full member
Reaction score
The History.

St Joseph's College was founded in 1880 by Bishop Bernard O'Reilly to be the Seminary serving the North West of England. The college was formally opened in 1883. The seminary was closed during WW1 and reopened in 1919 along with a junior seminary. The second phase of construction commenced in 1923. St Joseph’s, usually referred to by its students simply as Upholland, was the main seminary serving the North West of England. The sister seminary at Ushaw provided the same services for the North East. Both institutions housed both a junior and senior seminary. The junior seminaries provided secondary education in a semi-monastic environment to boys aged 11 to 18 who wished to pursue the priesthood. The senior seminary taught adults philosophy and theology as they prepared for priesthood.

The visit.

Visted with JdotN15, Lucyloo & Alex. Ive visited the place about 4 times now and it just never fails to surprise me with something new. Was a great morning with some great people, even went got some breakfast and come back! Bumping into a bunch of chavs and turning the alarms back on was the best part :cool: ;)

IMG_7471_HDR_zpsnir2kp3u.jpg

IMG_7453_HDR_zpsok7lgcf3.jpg

IMG_7447_HDR_zpss3zegl9w.jpg

IMG_7429_HDR_zpsvh9y6qcr.jpg

IMG_7426_HDR_zpsfqvfzbvo.jpg

IMG_7486_HDR_zpsintodedv.jpg

IMG_7510_HDR_zps5zfb8wsa.jpg

IMG_7516_HDR_zpsisymmgxp.jpg

IMG_7541_HDR_zpsrbigmvmx.jpg

IMG_7553_HDR_zpspijdkvah.jpg

Thankyou for looking.

TheVampiricSquid

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Looks lovely man, you've got a stunning set there! Escpecially like the 2nd to last shot(y)

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nicely done! That's a good report that some nice shots! Especially liking the one with the showers!

Lavino

OS Member
Reaction score
Good report and pics:D and the Chavs lol do you mean me...

Redhunter

OS Full member
Reaction score
Good report and pics:D and the Chavs lol do you mean me...
Not you lot, another bunch of people turned up without no gear just swinging and jumping on everything, even admitted they forced entry.

Lavino

OS Member
Reaction score
Lol was good meet you and your friends. Was a good morning. Especially the wooden sinks. I didn't have a clue what you was on about I hadn't seen them before. Still don't think anyone's posted a pic up of them.

Redhunter

OS Full member
Reaction score
My pictures didn't turn out great because how dark it was :sad2: next time though!

Hydro

OS Full member
Reaction score
Lol was good meet you and your friends. Was a good morning. Especially the wooden sinks. I didn't have a clue what you was on about I hadn't seen them before. Still don't think anyone's posted a pic up of them.
Wooden sinks downstairs near the outer doors? Seen them, photographed them, realised it was a shit photo and never did anything with it... Ill be back :ugeek:

-Raz-

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice report dude some well nice pictures there, are these the sinks?

16859702389_077478040a_c.jpg