free hit counter
Great Britain - St Magarets Esplanade 10th august 2010 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain St Magarets Esplanade 10th august 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Right to be honest i havnt done any research on this place due to the fact i was convinced i wasnt going to be able to get up to the entrance ..well without a ladder which we didnt have,so i apologise for lack of info as i just wanted to get in get report up and go bed!

Right myself nite walker and unclebulgaria after one failed attempt each and a lot of chin scratching manned up and got up the very old rope in the rain without slipping and injuring ourselves on the very wet chalk..didnt take a huge amount of pictures as it really isnt that big a place..Entry i do know was via an old machine gun post!!

On with the pics

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

A great little explore and quite chuffed we got up there,and more imortantly got back down with out any injury as its a lot harder getting down for some reason..the pigeons scared the crap out of all of us and the baby ones nearly got squashed,any history of the place feel free to point out , i would like to hear it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

superwide

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice, that is a fun climb, I hope you done better than me and checked the tides. I got very wet on the way out...muppet :D

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice, that is a fun climb, I hope you done better than me and checked the tides. I got very wet on the way out...muppet :D
Yes mate tides checked lol..was raining and slippery and im old,havnt climbed a rope since i was 15 ..many moons ago :)

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Yet another place I've not been - I fail at exploring.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Mike this one isnt a secret location u cant miss it..as long as u can use a rope and get some footing on the chalkwhich we all failed at first time..youll be ok..or a ladder location is st.margarets bay the esplanade theres a pub people point and laugh when you get up but cant get down

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Mike this one isnt a secret location u cant miss it..as long as u can use a rope and get some footing on the chalkwhich we all failed at first time..youll be ok..or a ladder location is st.margarets bay the esplanade theres a pub people point and laugh when you get up but cant get down
I know exactly where it is, it's finding someone to go with that's the problem, it's always the problem, that and I hate going out on my own!

I've got a list of around 15 places I want to go, but I struggle finding anyone who wants to go, or is free at the same time as I am.

Ryda

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Mike hit me up sometime i'll go with you.

unclebulgaria

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Here is Wevsky showing how easy it is Chris

DSC02469.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Oblivion State Hall of Fame photo there :cool2: Is there anywhere up there to connect a wire ladder (not that I've got one yet)?
erm not tusre just brick and concrete up there..youd need a double ladder if both partswhere long enuff..once you get a footing it isnt that bad getting up and i know you may have a few years on me ,but i really didnt think id get up and us guys are 40,well nitewalkers still a few years behind us lol

Status
Not open for further replies.