Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Weird Urbex Occurrences

mookster

OS Member
Reaction score
This place needs no intro! I was a tad reluctant to put this up, as paranormal stuff just don't cut the mustard with a lot of folk. It was just a normal day's exploring really. Armed with the usual gear....Camera, tripod, charged battery etc. We headed straight for the famous staircase. 1st shot of the day, and this is the original picture. The figure in shadow is actually the caretaker.... But It's what's behind him that freaked me out! Because whatever it is.... It wasn't there when I took the shot. And at this point my battery went dead

15974.jpg
That is seriously creepy if it's as you say it is, almost along the lines of a 'too good to be true' photo.

When I was in Denbigh a few years ago a group of six of us all witnessed a door swing open and closed by itself with no wind or other sources of drafts.I also heard the distinct sounds of boots walking down one of the corridors in West Park but there was nobody there. Also in West Park, in one of the wards at the back of the site (Huxley I think) I was stood at the nurses station looking out into it and saw the figure of an elderly woman stood in the doorway that lead to the toilet block, I was as shocked as anything and by the time I regained my composure she was gone.

All the hospitals and asylums I have visited I have only ever felt a sense of peace in, never anything bad. However two locations stand out as giving particularly bad vibes (or the heebie jeebies). The infamous animal testing labs of the British Industrial Biological Research Association in Carshalton which had a palpable dark 'energy' to it, I don't think I've ever explored somewhere that has made me feel quite so bad as that place, a truly oppressive atmosphere if there was ever proof needed for one. The other location that sprung to mind was the Al-Tech Steelworks in Albany, New York that I visited with a mate after dark last September. I don't know what it was in that place, but as soon as we got in we both agreed that we felt like 'something' didn't want us to be there - this also coming from my mate who had explored this place on numerous occasions at all times of day and night before. For whatever reason it gave off a seriously threatening atmosphere,the darkness inside the buildings seemed much more black than it should have been and after about half an hour of wandering around getting ourselves disorientated we both agreed that we needed to get out of there. I'd happily go back in the daytime, but not at night again.

trav

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Cool story (y) just out of interest which asylum was it???
It was Mid Wales Hospital, not in the main building but in an annexe building. I've recently been back there but didn't go into the part where that happened!

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Ok I’ve never shared this with any one as I was in fear of being ridiculed

So keep it to your self ok ;)

I might sell the set to the Mail on Line :eek:

dddddd4444.jpg

The truth is there are many images taken that capture things at times that are hard to explain for what ever reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

LewisS

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Ok I’ve never shared this with any one as I was in fear of being ridiculed

So keep it to your self ok ;)

I might sell the set to the Mail on Line :eek:

dddddd4444.jpg

The truth is there are many images taken that capture things at times that are hard to explain for what ever reason.
Man! I would shit major brickage!!!

How the fuck did you get out alive?

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
Freaky shot that of St John's :eek: I remember feeling unsettled when I stepped into one particular room near those stairs, just a really bog standard room and that was the only time in the whole place.

LewisS

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This place needs no intro! I was a tad reluctant to put this up, as paranormal stuff just don't cut the mustard with a lot of folk. It was just a normal day's exploring really. Armed with the usual gear....Camera, tripod, charged battery etc. We headed straight for the famous staircase. 1st shot of the day, and this is the original picture. The figure in shadow is actually the caretaker.... But It's what's behind him that freaked me out! Because whatever it is.... It wasn't there when I took the shot. And at this point my battery went dead

15974.jpg

The following are the same shot but zoomed in, the quality deteriorates I'm afraid. It looks like an old man to me! Could this be the ghost of St Johns?

16000.jpg

15999_1.jpg

15996.jpg

15997.jpg
I've seen that pic on another forum and I must admit it gave me the chills.

Whittingham after dark was a pretty creepy place. Especially the old Hall. I remember doing LED light orbs stood on the stage, I had a feeling that I wasn't alone on that stage and couldn't wait to get off and back with my fellow explorers.

Another place that is long associated in Preston with being haunted is Miley Tunnel of which I've posted a report on within this forum. I went through it with my dad and I felt absolutely nothing and saw or heard nothing. Not even rats!