Contact the team

Z rocket dover 08/07/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Right plan was lydden soput first had a look but due to me really not having good footwear and still not over happy with the grassy slope leading down we decided to look at z rocket..loved it big time the entry was fun pidgeons crunchy under foot well the baby ones!!Joking i avoided stepping on them great little shelter enjoyed getting the tripod out for this one!

Nice little hole to not slip into :)

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01782.jpg

Sorry been wanting to do this for ages couldnt help myself but and the others all had fun too..honest

DSC01781.jpg

DSC01773.jpg

DSC01771.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01765.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

See still alive didnt crunch it atall..

DSC01784.jpg

Right all in all a great shelter..did go in a plotting room while up near lydden spout they had a guest book and allsorts of old pictures on the wall..weird or what !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
It's a favourite one to visit - I think that hole in the cliff must be part of it and the way it lights up the chalk tunnel section. Glad to hear no pigeons were harmed in the filming of this :lol:
Did make me jump little things running around under foot..and im assuming the hole may have been used during construction to tip some of the chalk out..probably not but answeres on a ost card please ;)

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Not sure on the origins of the hole, but I hear it's quite a lot closer to the passage way than it used to be :eek:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Yes you're right about the hole being used to dump the spoil .Apparently the Frank Illingworth tunnel in Ramsgate isn't a good one to do if there's a pigeon in there because you end up nose to beak with it/them :shock:
illingworths puzzle trail you need to be small i live up the road and havnt tried it with my gut..so its said that "tunnel"is the ventilation for an actual smuggling tunnel where abouts unknown :)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Not sure on the origins of the hole, but I hear it's quite a lot closer to the passage way than it used to be :eek:
All i know maniac was i wouldnt wanna squeeze thru to get a nice pic of the ocean ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.