Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Battersea Powerstation, London - Oct 2013

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Yes, it's another Battersea report! Well it had to be done really, I've put it off long enough, what with stories of ruthless security and a guaranteed night in the cells if you got caught, the place being like a maze if you didn't know it well, the chances of actually getting across no-mans-land unseen being slim and finding yourself in the control rooms even slimmer, it just never seemed worth it.

Now with development starting, it seems security have got rather lax and Battersea has opened its doors to practically any explorer who can be bothered to climb over the fence. I'd be gutted if I never saw it, so it had to be done.

See frosty's report for a more detailed write up of our evenings trip, he's pretty much nailed it. It was tons of fun, and we spent waaaay longer in there than we expected to, so much so that we had to postpone something else we were going to do that night until another day.

Please Note, due to large volumes of people, it was tricky to get any shots without people in them.

Also please note the gift shop is out of "I've been to battersea" car stickers such is the volume of traffic through here lately ;)

Visited with so many people I can't remember, but among them was Frosty and SirJohnnyP who deserves a shout as despite the fact he was a little worse for wear not to mention a bit lost at times, he did guide us mostly round the place and it would have been a lot harder without him. Also shouts to another member who has been more than generous with sharing information on the place, you know who you are.

So without further delay I present to you "YABR" (Yet another Battersea Report) starting, as always, with control room 'A'

IMG_8100_zps32f60893.jpg

IMG_8102_zps6a4042fc.jpg

IMG_8112_zps838cac80.jpg

IMG_8121_zps35f4800d.jpg

IMG_8132_zps99c7c2e3.jpg

IMG_8123_zpsdfb4fcf5.jpg

We did a brief visit to the 'white room' a curious mock up of a hotel room in the middle of the place, quite surreal. I didn't bother with any pics, but we chilled there for about half hour, had a fag and watched and episode of danger mouse on youtube.

Then control room 'B' this wasn't as big as I expected it to be, but it's still impressive none the less.

IMG_8135_zps954007d7.jpg

IMG_8133_zps85c3334a.jpg

IMG_8149_zps8a361824.jpg

IMG_8136_zps0c363cc1.jpg

Yeah it HAD to be done, I know it's not original but I don't care. :p

IMG_8145_zps9123c05a.jpg

IMG_8154_zpsf197273a.jpg

And after that and much farting around getting back down, we decided the night wouldn't be complete without climbing up to the base of at least one of the stacks, so we picked the North tower of 'A' side and went for it. Unfortunitely it was very windy and spitting with rain so I didn't really get any good pics, I wasn't really that bothered, I just wanted to get up close to one of the famous white chimneys.

IMG_8177_zpsb2e297bb.jpg

IMG_8170_zps967f84a0.jpg

And that was that, mission accomplished. It's only taken me 6 years to get round to it.

Now, anyone else thinking of going just go get it done, it IS worth it despite the millions of reports, you'll regret it if you don't make the effort!

Thanks for looking

Maniac.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Brilliant!! I loved it here, and we spend all night, time just flys by here! Love the write up :)

Reaction score
Yes gotta be done, we had a fab night here! And yeah secca are very lax, considering half of 28d were up the chimney scaff making a racket!

Really nice pics, like that last shot looking up the chimney (y)

S

Scattergun

With the rate at which bps reports are going up all over the internet I doubt secca is gonna stay lax for much longer. Nice set though mate, some lovely indusrial art deco :)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
very nice Mike and always feels good when you tick the Iconic s more so when the clock ticking.

Spot on mate

(y)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
holt wow, thats stunning ! o.o

mde

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
real nice. Ive not made it to BP and would still love to see this :)