Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

College Infirmary up North. December 2015

ACID-REFLUX

Reaction score
The Hospital was founded in 1831 & by 1929 special feature available included Turkish, Russian & medicated baths & electro-medical department. The Infirmary was also approved for the treatment of Veneral Diseases 

The New Road Campus has been home to it"s various named College incarnations since the 1967 when the College paid £105,000 for the site. New buildings were opened in 1967 with the main block being opened in 1971. By 1978 they were 8,000 Students attending the college.

The site which now consists of 10 linked buildings totaling 342,000 sq/ft over a 6.1 Acre site, which includes the original Grade 2 listed Hospital buildings, with it"s impressive original sandstone columns identical to those on the nearby  Railway Station. With the statue of Edward the VII now looking over the car park.

The College has recently moved into a new purpose build waterfront development for £60M  which will welcome @20K Students.

The old site has been purchased by Oldham based Wiggett Construction Company for an undisclosed sum
 Suggestions for the site include a Supermarket, a Care or Medical Centre, with the final potion un-allocated. The local Lidl has confirmed it will move to the new location from it"s local site.

The  area is not a place i frequent often. I find it too much like Bradford, all doom & gloom & full of Druggies who ironically, had curtailed my first trip prematurely when i"d previously recce"d this place in the Summer . I"d completely forgotten about the place, so thanks go too @albino-jay for bringing this location back into the limelight, with his quality recent night-time report 
 And thanks for the pointers mate 

Called down one typically Yorkshire gloomy day for a recce & met up with @The Amateur Wanderer later on & decided to return on another much more gloomy freezing & wet day (nice too meet up again mate 
 had some laughs & frights along the way 

The site itself is vast combining old & new construction techniques & buildings, so one minute you"re inside a modern day facility the next you"ve stepped back in time. The only thing they both share is the fact they"ve been well trashed. It looks like the Metal Fairies have been very busy over the last 3 years & is very reminiscent of DRI / Clayton Hospital with added Razor Wire on top. But has lots of hidden nooks & crannies to keep you occupied for a few hours at the least.

I should mention that lots of rooms etc have been modified for Filming purposes from what we could ascertain, paint schemes similar to smoke & soot damage over the walls and curtains and strategic placed old beds & equipment .....which obviously been strategically re-positioned lol 

As always, thanks for looking  

]

Merry Xmas

Last edited by a moderator:

-Raz-

Reaction score
Really nice report there mate some cracking shots, have tried this place a few times but there was always a mean looking fella standing in the door of the takeaway every time we tried it...

ACID-REFLUX

Reaction score
Really nice report there mate some cracking shots, have tried this place a few times but there was always a mean looking fella standing in the door of the takeaway every time we tried it...

Cheers matey  :)

Only issue i had with the Take-away was it was making my Acid go through the roof, that"s all i could smell lol 

The Walking Dead were always my issue here  :-o

Last edited by a moderator:

coolboyslim

Reaction score
Really nice has allways m8ty. Love those shots. Hopefully mine can stand the acid test when i post lmfao. Good stuff m8ty.

Urbexbandoned

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Really nice mate! That black and white shot is awesome, very atmospheric (y)

love this, lots to see, that stained glass above the door is lovely too. Will deffo have to pay this place a visit 

:comp  

AndyK!

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Cool place, plenty of shizzles left :)

Ferox

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics them Acid  (y) Really like the one with what I imagine is AW stood behind the door. The tinsel on the last one is a nice touch bud, good to see you spreading a bit of Christmas cheer  :)

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

Reaction score
cracking set of pic! really enjoying the decay in this place :D  me likie :)

ACID-REFLUX

Reaction score
Really nice has allways m8ty. Love those shots. Hopefully mine can stand the acid test when i post lmfao. Good stuff m8ty.
Cheers Matey  :)

That remains too be seen lol 

Really nice mate! That black and white shot is awesome, very atmospheric (y)

love this, lots to see, that stained glass above the door is lovely too. Will deffo have to pay this place a visit 

:comp  
That one shot eh ? Cheers T   :)

I"m surprised U2 haven"t been TBH 

Cool place, plenty of shizzles left :)
Cheers mate, still has some remains ATM  :smile:

ACID-REFLUX

Reaction score
BLIMEY! That's a bit nice that!! (y)
Cheers matey  :)

Great report and some fantastic pics..... :p
Praise accepted lol Cheers mate 

Awesome pics them Acid  (y) Really like the one with what I imagine is AW stood behind the door. The tinsel on the last one is a nice touch bud, good to see you spreading a bit of Christmas cheer  :)
Thanks matey 

It"s actually me i don"t know where he was at that time (probably doing some naked shots or something) 

Could do with some Xmas cheer on the other side  :-D

Merryprankster

Reaction score
ACIIIIIIID this is a banger mate!! absolutely loving it, best hospital i seen for a while very festive bed at the end! 

ACID-REFLUX

Reaction score
ACIIIIIIID this is a banger mate!! absolutely loving it, best hospital i seen for a while very festive bed at the end! 

Cheers mate & even though i hate Xmas i thought i"d push the Bed out  :)

i couldn"t be arsed to add the red baubles in the end as my mate wanted a go  :-o

Maniac

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty cool place to me :) Nice one. 

hamtagger

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
That's a bit bloody nice!! Seems like it has a little bit of everything and a nice variation of shots and styles :)

To use the cliche... "added to my list" :D