free hit counter
Dresden CE Primary School, Stoke-On-Trent (Visited July 14)- October 14 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Dresden CE Primary School, Stoke-On-Trent (Visited July 14)- October 14

UrbexBaby

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
HISTORY

Couldn't really find a lot of information about this place to be honest so apologises for the short but sweet history.

The School was built in 1853 and functioned as a mixed age school until 1865 when it separated into infant and juniors. Its closed in 2002 when the school was relocated to a new site and the building which has become a target for vandals and arsonists has been left derelict ever since.

Plans have recently been passed for the building to be turned into an Asian supermarket much to local objection with several community petitions taking place to prevent this.

THE EXPLORE

We knew about the school as it was my partner in crime's primary school and having relatives a stones throw away we drive past it all the time. We visited in the day and it was fairly quiet, didn't bump into anyone although evidence of aerosol abuse and people sleeping rough was obvious just inside the entrance so we were on our guard as we entered.

Internally another building that has been absolutely smashes to pieces, every panel of glass had been put through and it has been completely stripped apart for a purple spotty piano that sat alone in one of the classrooms. Its not a huge building and there's nothing to see really upstairs apart from a stockroom with some shelving.

We visited in July and driving past last week the roof has been stripped of all the tiles and the "asbestos men in white suits" rumours are doing the rounds. :eek:

school1_zps6f4437b7.jpg

school2_zpsac46f47b.jpg

school3_zps96ac6a9c.jpg

school4_zpsd4ba00c0.jpg

school5_zps6916d0e5.jpg

school10_zps2bc1a27e.jpg

school6_zps33eeb0a7.jpg

school7_zps7d900a90.jpg

school8_zps9eb2a77a.jpg

school9_zps9c26a6aa.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Elusive

OS Member
Reaction score
I came across this place too in may, did it still have the sound of running water in the walls? really confused me when we were there even checked both sides of the building looking for the water lol to no avail ;) Definately worth it for the extra special piano :)

UrbexBaby

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I came across this place too in may, did it still have the sound of running water in the walls? really confused me when we were there even checked both sides of the building looking for the water lol to no avail ;) Definately worth it for the extra special piano :)
Didn't hear any running water when we were there, how strange lol?! The piano is pretty cool

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
ahhh the purple piano, not seen this place popup for a while, cool stuff =]

:comp

mookster

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice little spot, I did a similar Victorian primary school when I was in Stoke three years ago that has long since been converted (North Primary School), not as bashed around as this one mind and had walls covered in hand painted murals from when it was open.

UrbexBaby

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice little spot, I did a similar Victorian primary school when I was in Stoke three years ago that has long since been converted (North Primary School), not as bashed around as this one mind and had walls covered in hand painted murals from when it was open.
It still had bits of work and things stapled to the wall and I even found a floppy disk in there :eek:

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
Some nice features and funky colours - deffo worth the effort!

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Very nice indeed, thanks for sharing :)

Tristan Chadwick

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
It makes me incredibly sad to see the school like this. :( I attended the year it was closed (I was in year 2, the middle classroom). Were there really bits of old work stapled to the walls? I don't recognise the piano though, maybe it was left there by Sure Start from the short stint they had the building for back when it had first closed. Never thought I'd see inside it again, almost wish I hadn't.

Also last week Mr Wade who was the head teacher of Dresden died :(

Melanie Dobson

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
The piano was played by a lady called Mrs Joy.....where we had singing lessons twice a week. Wished I  had the piano now :-(