free hit counter
Father Hudson's Society - Demolition January 2014 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Father Hudson's Society - Demolition January 2014

suburbankarma

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Was a bit gutted to arrive at the Father Hudson Society Complex yesterday to find demolition in full swing.

The smaller building at the back of St Edwards had already been cleared and the demolition of St Philomena was underway. St Joseph's had been cleared of anything left inside and it was all piled up outside.

The asbestos removal guys were in St Mary's and St Edwards and there were piles of scrap metal, wood and skips across the site. Nearly all the conifers have now been removed and either shredded or cut up into logs.

The reclamation guys had apparently already been in and removed anything of value.

After talking to the demo guys it seems that St Mary's, St Edwards, St Gerard's, St Joseph's, St Philomena's, the small office building and the two 1940's prefabs will all be gone in the next 3 weeks.

Managed to take a look round St Gerards when the demo guys went for lunch just to have one more last mooch before its demise.

The plan is to build houses on this site and a set of new administration offices for the Society. The rest of the site will be cleared in the next phase.

A sad sight to see it being torn down but probably for the best in a lot of people's eyes considering the child abuse that took place there.

On with the photos...

1. St Philomena - the plaque on the front of the building was saved.

_MG_3341_zps66557ad9.jpg

2. Nearly Gone

_MG_3410_zps490b799a.jpg

3. Bathroom - taken in December 2013

_MG_2424_zpsd649b026.jpg

4. Same bath yesterday...that's one way to remove it :)

_MG_3456_zps62f0fa92.jpg

5. Cast aside...

_MG_3457_zpsf88c74e3.jpg

6. Dumped

_MG_3458_zps7fea6e39.jpg

7. St Joesphs

_MG_3550_zps1fa0030d.jpg

8. Gravestones of the two priests that were originally buried in the grounds. The bodies were reported to have been exhumed and re-interred several years ago at the church down the road.

_MG_3472_zps8695818b.jpg

9. All the trees have been felled, shredded or cut into logs

_MG_3361_zpscb37d143.jpg

10. St Edwards

_MG_3374_zpse3e28be6.jpg

11. The rear of St Edwards, the smaller accommodation building that ran in line with St Philomena's has already been demolition and the land completely cleared.

_MG_3563_zpsb5ee291a.jpg

12. A quick visit to St Gerards, it's been stripped of anything worth saving including the two ceramic angel plaques above the doors

_MG_3477_zps22bcfe3a.jpg

13. A final view of St Philomena and the enquiry office

_MG_3526_zps184bc5f8.jpg

14. One for Wevsky - I'm sure I read in another report that you had heard about this but hadn't seen it ?

_MG_3474_zps80cc6ead.jpg

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Well thats defo in a sorry state and Im sure you have captured the last set from this location.

Its hard to believe they saved the two ceramic angel plaques and not The Wevsky is Gay lol.

Thanks for sharing Sub (y)

:comp

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Shame to see this going, nice photos though :)

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Oh my, how sad to see. But you got some good shots there, thanks for sharing :)

Reaction score
I never got to see this place, but seen many a good report form here, thanks for one last look (y)

cunningplan

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
as every one has said, its a shame its going/gone this was on my list for when I am next down that way, looks like I'm going to have to take it off now :(

Silent Night

OS Member
Reaction score
poor old place sorry state indeed, thanks for sharing the pictures are ace,that wevsky gets around a bit don't he :p

Bungal

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
there not messing about there...shame I never got my ass into gear to see the place

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
if im honest bungal other than the tb hospital part i found the rest rather uninspiring and didnt get my camera out

Stussy

OS Member
Reaction score
Defo seen better days, but good too see it before its gone. The zimmer frame is a nice shot, oh and the last one (y)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
It is a shame to see a place like this go, thank you for capturing it before it did !!

The Wombat

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Many thanks for posting this

Having visited last year, is really interesting to see; especially the JCB grabbing the bath photo.