Contact the team

Leybourne Grange - April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Might as well stick these up. Leybourne grange is a shadow of it's former self, actually to be blunt it's f**ked. There's still however a few bits and pieces to be seen. The Manor house is in a much worse state than I thought, and I think it's days are numbered, as with the rest of the complex it's just been left to decay.

Just had a poke around he biggest accomodation block, and the manor house. There's a lot of the other villas still on site, but it didn't seem worth the effort to get inside them.

Image-001.jpg

Image-002_1.jpg

Image-003.jpg

Image-004.jpg

Image-005.jpg

6. Staircase is about the only part of the main building worth photographing. The rest is a soggy mess of rotton wood, and it smells baaaad!

Image-006.jpg

7. In the basement areas

Image-007.jpg

Image-008_1.jpg

Image-009.jpg

Image-010.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

M

Last edited by a moderator:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
So its pretty much the same as it was a year or two ago, just a bit more rot! Thought they were knocking it all down?
No idea, it's the first time I've bothered going there and it was pretty much as I thought it would be. I think they are supposedly developing the area into something or other. There doesn't seem much activity on the site however, it's just empty.

Obscurity

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice photos there mate, yeah the place is wrecked but still some nice bits to photograph. (i sorta like the trashed feel of it, i think it adds to the effect in the right photo)

SuZyQue

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Great pics, loving the second one down, I have fond memories of this place, visited a few years ago with my daughter, we had such fun dodging the security driving round. Never got into the manor house it was well boarded up when we were there, it saddens me seeing all these buildings decaying and left to rot, and then more apartments. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.