Contact the team

Public Bath Art Nouveau - 2015

franconiangirl

Oblivion State Member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.fragments-of-time.com
The public bath, constructed in the style of Art Nouveau, consists of three pools (two for men, one for women). Additionally, it had several showers, steam- and public baths and even an own bath for dogs. It was opened in 1914 after a construction time of three years (1911 - 1913). In the same year it was shortly closed due to the start of World War I. The entry prices at that time were between 10 - 40 pfennig (former German currency).

During WW II the swimming pool was protected due to different air raid precautions, which contained mainly brownout through covering the windows with curtains or cardboards. Some lamps and windows were also coated with paint. Below the consisted several bomb shelters for the nearby population. Despite all measurement, the building was largely destoryed due to several bombings. After the war it had to be reconstructed, which took around 15 years until it was completed totally. In the 1970s the number of visitors decreased steadily, due to a lack of investments, which made the baths more and more unattractive compared to other, more modern swimming pools. In the year 1994 the baths was closed and hasn´t been opened until today. It was temporarily used for popular techno parties in the 90's but the future is still uncertain.

A re-use as a swimming pool has been considered to be unprofitable so far. It´s a pity to see such amazing architecture in the state of decay.

DSC_4022.JPG

DSC_4032-Bearbeitet.JPG

DSC_4094.JPG

DSC_4101.JPG

DSC_4112.JPG

DSC_0702.JPG

DSC_4131.JPG

DSC_0740.JPG

DSC_4162.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonesout

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
May I be the first to congratulate you on an awesome report :).

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
This is fantastic! Are you the young lady I asked to share the pics on here? I love it, everything about it. Awesome shots, awesome place. Win win win!

:comp

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Oh wow that is really awesome! The only thing I would change is to make the pictures larger, otherwise really excellent report. Thanks for sharing (y)

Lenston

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Pretty cool these, some great pictures there :)

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Geezz that place looks amazing and great shots!! The place seems to have a little bit of everything. Thanks for posting this (y)

Hydro

OS Full member
Reaction score
Well that is very nice! Cant say ive ever been in a swimming pool quite that grand, derelict or otherwise (y)

scrappy

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Now that's nice. Not often you see a pool that's not trashed hahaha