free hit counter
Rossendale Hospital Mid Demolition - December 2013 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Rossendale Hospital Mid Demolition - December 2013

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
A quick update trip to check on the progression of the ongoing demolition works. The main surprise we had already found a couple of weeks before but sadly no photos from that trip, the morgue fridges had been strangely left and the building demolished around them. I'm not quite sure exactly why, maybe something to do with how they have to dispose of the fridges. Either way it made for some interesting photos :) . Most of the works house had started to be stripped out with most of the contents removed from the first 2 floors. I understand since this trip the floors in the workhouse have been removed and the larger demolition vehicle will be arriving imminently. Sad to see this site bite the dust especially the workhouse building, pity that couldn't be salvaged and renovated.

Rossendale-1.jpg

Rossendale-2.jpg

Rossendale-3.jpg

Rossendale-4.jpg

Rossendale-5.jpg

Rossendale-6.jpg

Rossendale-7.jpg

Rossendale-8.jpg

Rossendale-9.jpg

Rossendale-10.jpg

Rossendale-11.jpg

Rossendale-12.jpg

Thanks for reading, there are higher resolution copies of the images on my blog here: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2014/02/03/urbex-rossendale-general-hospital-rossendale-lancashire-december-2013-revisit-6/http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2014/02/03/urbex-rossendale-general-hospital-rossendale-lancashire-december-2013-revisit-6/

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Wow bloody hell they have gone to town here for sure.

Glad you could grab some shots and those fridges look odd just sitting in the open like that :D

Nice one bud (y)

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Cheers guys! forgot to mention this was a stripped down kit day, shooting handheld with the 100d and 40mm only :) Perjury Saint I really like #10 as well! just something about those greens :D

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Such a shame to see it like this but you got some beaut shots! Thanks for sharing :)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
shame to see it go, but cracking shots =]

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Excellent, love photo #1 with the fridges just sitting there