free hit counter
Great Britain - Westmount College - Dover - June 2011 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Westmount College - Dover - June 2011

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
This report is left over from a day out in Kent last month. To be honest the place is in pretty bad shape but it's easy to imagine what it must have looked like in it's hey day

Splored with Skeleton Key, Priority 7 and Tstranger

-------------------------------------------------

The History

Westmout College started life as a Jewish School founded in 1847 by the Rabbi Raphael Cohen

Renamed as Mount Ellis in 1865 for Leicestershire colliery owner and jewish businessman Joseph Joel Ellis, After Ellis's death in 1885 it became a school once more and was run by Robert Chignell.

He later sold it to a group led by Dover Mayor Dr Astley who had recently formed the Dover College Company.

In later years it was run by Dover Council as an adult education centre it was soon to close and fell into disrepair.

The upper floors were gutted by fire in 2007

1_6.jpg

5_6.jpg

7_6.jpg

8_5.jpg

9_5.jpg

10_5.jpg

11_6.jpg

14a.jpg

15_6.jpg

16_3.jpg

18_5.jpg

19_5.jpg

20_2.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice one Nelly. This place is f**ked, but I kinda like it, it has quite a nice feel to it. I hope someone does something with the place one day, it's a grand building. :)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
yes i agree with maniac as trashed as it is i enjoyed my visit,nice pict0rs matey!!

Obscurity

OS Member
Reaction score
Great report mate, this is one of my favorite local ones despite the huge amounts of damage, it makes for a very photogenic location and you have caught it well (y)