free hit counter
Camelot Theme Park, Manchester nr Chorley, March 2014 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Camelot Theme Park, Manchester nr Chorley, March 2014

Hannah Pokky

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
The park opened in 1983 and was operating seasonally until late 2012. The park was based on the story of 'Camelot, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table'. The local area was once covered by the largest lake in England Martin Mere, which was first drained in 1692 by Thomas Fleetwood of Bank Hall in Bretherton. The closure of the park was announced by Knights Leisure, in November 2012, the managing director blaming poor summer weather and events such as London 2012 and the Queen's Jubilee for declining visitor numbers. The site's future remains uncertain as the new owner is planning to redevelop the site. Current indications are that this will be a housing development.

These pics are from 2 visits to Camelot, probably the last unfortunately as the rude security guard yielding a large stick gave us a good telling off the second time. and even sneakily took photographs of us to 'send to the police!' He shouted and swore for a while about how dangerous the site was and the definition of private land, reminded us that we were massive dickheads, and asked us to leave. Really fun explore, great laugh and beautiful little treasures on a fairy tale wasteland :) indeed Camelot is, ''The land of great knights, and amazing days.''

fIMG_0864.jpg

fIMG_0952.jpg

fIMG_0869.jpg

fIMG_0897.jpg

fIMG_0899.jpg

fIMG_0936.jpg

fIMG_0943.jpg

fIMG_0958.jpg

fIMG_0967.jpg

fIMG_0972.jpg

scan3.jpg

scan2.jpg

scan10.jpg

scan11.jpg

scan12.jpg

scan13.jpg

scan14.jpg

scan8.jpg

scan4.jpg

ham anyone?

scan5.jpg

scan6.jpg

scan1.jpg

scan9.jpg

Silent Night

OS Member
Reaction score
cool stuff Hannah place sure looking empty now :/, sounds to me like secca is a cock you probably interrupted his episode of neighbours or something hence the response, I would have taken a pic of him ''for the police'' lol

Hannah Pokky

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
yeah man only 2 rides left, the place is a tip! haha exactly, got the feeling he was taking his crappy job out on poor innocent explorers. but without us he would have no job eh!

silverainbow

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Really cool looking place, B n W used to great effect too, specially the roller coaster track, I've never seen much about this site, nice bit of history too!, thanks for sharing with us (y)

scrappy

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of meeting that fine security guard the other day while showing friends the place. He started videoing us all as well as trying to be intimidating, he had his phone in my face saying “I bet you don’t like being videoed do you?” my reply of “I’m not particularly bothered” is when he stopped and threw us out.

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice shots Hannah and sounds like some fun had here and might be worth a visit just for the secca meet lol.

When security adopt this kind of approach its simply so uncalled for and silly.

Its so clear and easy to determine what the cameras and tripods are for opposed to a tools to strip the place.

Just a pin head Nazi that doesn’t understand the law or the job they are doing and in the end if not reined in will lead to conflict he doesn’t want and is so unnecessary..

Its piss poor training and on a power trip.

Sounds like Camelot has a Beardy clone :D

As they have found out in the past if they have Equipped them selves with a weapon “ A large stick” is a criminal offence and arrest able.

If they fail to when requested to determine their intentions for carrying such an item and feel under threat of injury you then have the right to defend yourself using minimum force and subdue.

They have a job to do but they have to operate within the law and through holding an SIA badge far from gives them the powers to re write the law.

Guy sounds like a proper tit lol.

Cool share mate and don’t let the experience put you off any as long as you’re polite the world all good in most cases

Cheers for the share and the heads up its patrolled by a tosser with a minimal IQ (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice shots! It looks so empty, i remember going here when it was open, thanks for sharing :)

Hannah Pokky

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
too right, theres too many people who abuse their authority and think that their job entitles them to some kind of control over people. not to mention the right to condescend!

I assured him not to worry about our safety as we were experienced explores, haha i guess you have to patronise back sometimes! This was after he warned us about the apparent 'crack heads and junkies' who regularly visit the site...obviously only the ones who can afford train fair and are prepared for a 2 mile walk ofc!

yeah spot on about the stick, he claimed it was for back problems after i asked him to please stop profusely swinging it. a strange thing to use to aid walking as it didnt even reach his hip.

was a good laugh though and his office is located riiiiiight at the very back of the park (awesome tactic) so very easy not to be seen at all :D

think we just pushed it a bit the last time, he was very upset that we'd removed a board from a door and not put it back.

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
what a bunch of tits secca's can be !, worst i've had is one thinking i was homeless o_O, loving the b/w film shots btw !

scrappy

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
when i met him he never used the stick for walking with, he was just hitting things making noise and trying to scare us all lol. they have security under the big roller coaster as the cables kept getting taken, so everytime a buyer came to look at the ride it didnt work! so they put shrek on as security