free hit counter
Great Britain - N-Staffs Royal Infirmary, Stoke, November 2019 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain N-Staffs Royal Infirmary, Stoke, November 2019

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Intro
It's a well known site and has been well and truly done to death until recently.
With 8 Operating rooms sharing 17 Lights, A morgue, A&E, Numerous wards and a heavy mix of natural decay and grime it has always been a good one to explore.

The Hospital
As mentioned it has been done way too many times and history is available everywhere.

Built in 1869 the hospital was named the North Staffordshire Infirmary. Then later becoming the North Staffordshire Infirmary and Eye Hospital in 1890 before changing to The North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary in 1925 joining the NHS in 1948.
Services were transferred in 2012 to the new Stoke University Hospital which lead to the closure in December that year.

In early November 2019 it was announced that security efforts would be increased, again, which involved cutting off all power and boarding the whole site making it "Pitch Black" inside. Hmm, ok then.

The Explore
We had already finished our first explore and were ready to head onto another spot. Since we were nearby it would be rude not to have a nose here. Well, that turned out to take a little longer than 20 minutes or so.

Starting off we noticed our old entry tactic was a bit too risky so we had to bodge a new route. Eventually we were inside over an hour from our arrival, it turned out that we had found ourselves in a ward locked off from the rest of the hospital. On the bright side there was an unexpected Hanaulux lamp waiting to be shot.

Found Olso! Yep, screw trainspotting, we're going operating light spotting.
49122953102_fcc236c1bb_b.jpg

Sh*t edit, I know.
49106629553_b54ee424eb_b.jpg

So, after that we had to gingerly exit.

And about 20mins later we were back inside. This time in A&E and Carido.

Cardio Theatre 1
Trio of Galaxy Ultra Lights, albeit completely destroyed.
49077916271_bb23a9c6b5_b.jpg

Cardio Theatre 2
A pair of Hospilte Lamps, unsure what type.
DSC_9774_5_6_7.jpg

Anyway, We moved on and walking down the hallways we noticed that lights were still on so I was struggling to believe security were talking sense.

Neurology.
That theater everyone forgets about.
49077978332_d1aba565d5_b.jpg

Into Theatre.
49107138211_b322a77e6a_b.jpg

Other shot of the room.
49129622951_eb566f826f_b.jpg

And with that, we finally left. The 4th and hopefully final visit of that place was over.

KP

Last edited:

BikinGlynn

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Still havent made it here its one I must do, amazing looking place!
Oh & id love one of those lights for my kitcken ;-)

KPUrban_

OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Still havent made it here its one I must do, amazing looking place!
Oh & id love one of those lights for my kitcken ;-)
Always worth a visit if you're nearby. You'd need quite a high ceiling for them lights to fit in a kitchen though.

Carlgunz87

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I went to get in here one night and there was security everywhere!!! Is it normally bad with security or did I just go on a bad night?

KPUrban_

OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I went to get in here one night and there was security everywhere!!! Is it normally bad with security or did I just go on a bad night?
The place was rather easy to do from early 2018 to Early/Mid 2019 but that ultimately meant the tourbus numbers increased. Eventually security caught up and has since been tight from then.
What I'm essentially trying to say is yes there's a lot of security now ,more activity in the day with roughly 10 of them, it just takes a lot of patience to get by them.