See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

France Paris Metro Saint Martin 2018

DirtyJigsaw

Reaction score
All, 

Heres a quick report from another Paris Ghost Station i have now visited. Its one of the larger ghost stations and one of the most well known. Ive not been activley posting much as of late due to other commitments but i am out there exploring and got another big trip lined up this year too.

I wont bore you any longer, but heres some history of the station stolen from Google

Saint-Martin is a ghost station of the Paris Métro, located on lines 8 and 9 between the stations of Strasbourg - Saint-Denis and République, on the border of the 3rd and 10th arrondissements of Paris.

The station was closed on 2 September 1939 at the start of World War II. It reopened after the French Liberation with a lot of traffic passing through, but was eventually closed again as a result of its proximity to the neighboring station of Strasbourg - Saint-Denis, which lies only 100 metres away.

In the past, the station served to shelter homeless persons, and the eastern section of the location is currently used as a day shelter for the homeless (managed by the Salvation Army).

The station closed on 2nd September 1939.

Heres afew of my shots i took

Saint Martin by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. 

DJ

Himeiji

Reaction score
Nice) I was there earlier this year, we encountered some people who are chilling out there on a regular basis at nights) 

We visited Croix Rouge and Champ-de-Mars last weekend. Still don't have time to sort my pictures) 

obscureserenity

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Very nice mate! Glad to see your shots came out well and enjoyed reading your bit about the history :)