free hit counter
France - Paris metro - new tunnel - January 2018 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

France Paris metro - new tunnel - January 2018

Himeiji

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
In early 2018 we visited one of the new tunnels of Paris metro which for the moment (May 2018) is still under construction. Recently I was told that this place is no longer accessible due to active works that doesn't stop even at night, so I will publish some pictures. Btw, we managed to get in only from the 2nd try - there is a security guy walking around the construction site (on the street).

The new tunnel is 2km long. We walked till the end and on the way back checked out the end of the active line. There were two trains. Soon we heard some noise (like if someone'd open a door) and left the place. 

20.jpg

18.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

19.jpg

12.jpg

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Liking this. Always nice to find some trains!

Himeiji

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Liking this. Always nice to find some trains!
Unfortunately, we didn't stay long with them - we were not alone... There were two cameras (the 2nd we discovered already at home on pictures :) ). I am not sure if someone saw us on cameras and came to check, or there were just some workers/train drivers. It was still during operating time, I think.

DirtyJigsaw

OS Full member
Reaction score
Liking this a lot, very nice to see some parked trains :)  I need another paris metro trip

Himeiji

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This is really cool, quite like seeing how much work goes into these things.
With the works, there is actually one interesting thing - on wikipedia, they say that they want to build two new stations. We saw only one and somewhere around the place where the second station is supposed to be (there is just a tunnel for the moment), there is a freezing machine and ice. We also discovered some sensors that seem to be used for monitoring some physical parameters. 

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
With the works, there is actually one interesting thing - on wikipedia, they say that they want to build two new stations. We saw only one and somewhere around the place where the second station is supposed to be (there is just a tunnel for the moment), there is a freezing machine and ice. We also discovered some sensors that seem to be used for monitoring some physical parameters. 

Sensors would be for ground movement i expect.

Himeiji

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Sensors would be for ground movement i expect.
I think so. Someone had already told me the same... Yes, maybe, they wanted to build another station, but then discovered water underground and now checking if it's safe to build it there.